Belcrest Animal Hospital located near Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our professional team. Belcrest Animal Clinic is a busy small animal practice welcoming all breeds of dogs, cats and exotics. Belcrest has been a part of the Colorado Springs community for over 20 years. We serve clients that have trusted us since the beginning, with their furry family members.We offer you the opportunity to work with a great team who is close and easy going! Our practice has full in house labs, digital radiology and state of the art equipment. In addition to a generous compensation we offer a great benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, licensing, dues and CE.
Job Summary: In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing DVM and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs. • Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine. • Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public. Skills and Basic Qualifications • A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• License mus be in good standing to practice in CO.
• Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. and works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Ability to make decisions confidently and effectively.
• Able to manage time and tasks appropriately.
• Portrays a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Committed to ongoing educational development and growth
• 1 year minimum experience required Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life. 401k