The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is seeking experienced full-time or part-time Emergency Veterinarians to work either a daytime schedule or overnight/weekend schedule. Due to the growth of our hospital, and expansion / upgrade of our existing ICU, we are looking for ER DVMs who'd like to grow with us! Compensation is the higher or $65/hour or 28% on production. The combined average total for Full-time and Part-time daytime and overnight DVMs for 2020 was $75/hr. We are a 24-hour AAHA accredited hospital that has been serving Ann Arbor and the surrounding area for 90 years. This position offers the opportunity to see established general practice clients, emergency outpatients, practice soft-tissue surgery, and manage inpatients hospitalized in our new ICU. We offer Primary Care and Critical Care services during the day, Monday thru Sunday, and run our ER opposite of the PC/CC services. The ideal candidate will be scheduled primarily overnights, weekends, and holidays -OR- working daytime shifts in our ICU. Our facility is state of the art with all the tools needed to practice excellent medicine including highly skilled Licensed Veterinary Technicians, an expanded, newly updated state-of-the-art ICU, advanced anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic ventilator, ultrasound, Ligasure, and visiting internists and cardiologists. Our ideal candidate has completed a rotating internship or has two year’s of emergency medicine experience managing emergency or critical cases. Compensation package is competitive including CE, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, license fees, national/local association dues, etc. Our unique standing in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity. For more information, please visit our website at: www.AnnArborAnimalHospital.com.
1. Medical & Surgical: (A) Performs physical examinations and other appropriate diagnostic procedures; diagnoses medical or surgical conditions and presents treatment alternatives to the client. (B) Performs medical and surgical (if scheduled in Sx) procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy. (C) Promptly and accurately updates client records including completing medical records, treatment plans and rounding before the start and before the end of each shift.
2. Human Resources: (A) Plays a leadership role with ER LVTs and ER Assistants; works with them to assess their current skill level then encourages and assists them with both professional and personal growth (proactive coaching). (B) Delivers in-house medical training to staff. (C) Is accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
3. Business Management: (A) Works towards, and attains, hospital productivity standards. (B) Understands and functions in a way that builds the ER's reputation within the referring veterinary community. (C) Is active in professional organizations.
4. Client Relations: (A) Takes time to communicate in a warm, clear, and concise manner with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives while being sensitive to their emotional needs and financial status. (B) Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of a client-centered environment. (C) Helps to develop new programs / procedures and works to leverage existing programs / procedures that are designed to meet client needs based on changing medical developments, client needs, etc.
5. Marketing: (A) Evaluates and suggests new, useful pet products or services. (B) Writes one blog per quarter and periodically reviews the hospital's website in order to keep information current and the community informed.
6. Practice Leadership: (A) Leads by example regarding a positive, fun work environment that strives to provide benchmark patient care. (B) Maintains a professional, positive attitude even under stress. (C) Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains and role models core values. (D) Attends both DVM and ER Staff Meetings as an active participant encouraging staff member’s involvement and development. (E) Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
Additional Salary Information: Actual average for all daytime and overnight DVMs for 2020 equaled $75/hr. High overnight average was $82/hr.
About Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.